Tuesday, July 18, 2006

talent or luck?

6/16/2006
Nafplio, Greece to Athina, Greece

You know, looking back over the last two weeks, frankly I am somewhat amazed that I am not yet psychotic. Never saw any of this coming...

Ok, recap time. As far as traveling goes we've all three gone from Venezia to Roma, Roma to Palermo (Sicilia), Palermo back to Roma, Roma to Bari, Bari to Patras, Greece (by ferry across the Adriatic), Patras to Corinth, & Corinth to Nafplio. Now we are on our way to the great Athina! During this time we've hiked (against our collective will) across half of metropolitan Roma, spent countless hours in train cars & I've been forcefully reacquainted with the fact that I am ridiculously unlucky.

Chris & Rosanne have completely fallen for each other. Honestly I really am happy for my friend; he adores her. Of course so do I, but while they're holding hands, sleeping on each others' shoulders, whispering & giggling, & laying in each others' arms I'm spooning with rank Italians on trains, listening to late-night "French lessons" from across the room, getting mugged by greasy, underaged knife-wielding Sicilians, & feeling lonelier as the days go by. Ultimately, this trip will make one badass story. Plus Chris & I will be back on our own in a few days. This bus is seriously shaky...my handwriting is atrocious.

No comments:

Post a Comment