Tuesday, July 18, 2006

so pedestrian

6/28/2006, 13.35
Helsinki, Finland to Hanko, Finland

I have come to a rather obvious conclusion: everywhere is beautiful. I know I know, it sounds stupid & sappy, but I bring it up because everywhere I go I inevitably at some point write "[insert random country here] is beautiful!!", or something akin to that. Honestly it's getting to be a waste of time & pencil lead 0.5 (told ya, no romance). It's time to shake things up a bit, even if it means (gasp) lying through my teeth!

Finland is a bore. Even after getting a full night's sleep last night the Finnish countryside with it's towering forests, cute little towns, dramatic coastlines & sprawling fields overflowing with the brightest of yellow flowers succeeds only in making me yawn as it passes lazily by the train window. The friendly, helpful & always smiling...um, Fins(?)...could be a bit more exciting as well. This country is in dire need of some neon lights, guns & explosions to break it out of the peaceful & serene rut it's gotten itself into.

No comments:

Post a Comment