Tuesday, July 18, 2006

catching some rays

6/20/2006
Thessaloniki, Greece

HOLY HELL!! IT IS HOT!! AND HUMID!! We are in the middle of Thessaloniki doing our laundry (thank the lord!) for the first time on this trip. Talk about long overdue. That train yesterday was nothing. It is hotter & more humid here than I have EVER experienced! The sweat doesn't stop! It's relentless! Merciless! I've never sweat so much in all my life!

When we finally found this place, called BubbleFish, we had been walking with our packs for maybe 20 minutes. MAYBE. The front of my t-shirt had a few small dry spots near the seam at the bottom edge. The chest, shoulders, stomach & back looked like they had been sprayed down with a hose. Literally. Oh how I wish that had been the case! Unfortunately, no water was involved...only pure, unadulterated essence of Dave. Yummy.

I keep going into the bathroom & splashing cold water all over my face, then rubbing dry with a hand towel. In the time it takes to put the towel down & look back in the mirror my face, my entire, fucking, face, is already wet again. Within 15 to 20 seconds I've already got full droplets rolling down my face. (Is droplets a word, of is the heat affecting my vocabulary?) Pleasant, huh? Damn, I don't even want to imagine Istanbul...

No comments:

Post a Comment