Tuesday, July 18, 2006

brainstorming

6/29/2006, 14.35
Baltic Sea

Boy, you sure can tell I'm on my own. I've written more during the one week spent by myself than I did during the first three weeks spent with Chris & Rosanne; 17 pages to the first 10 & still going! This bit may or may not interest anyone but me...actually this bit may or may not even get posted. It's really just random brainstorming about work (City Club) for when I return. In fact I may (gasp) not even use proper grammar or full sentences. Did you know that when I was young, for some strange reason I never could remember how to spell the word sentence? It was weird, my spelling was always impeccable (I don't think that's spelled right...), but I could not for anything spell that damn word! To this day knowing that it's use is approaching in my writing fills me with anxiety, even though I know, & have known for years, perfectly well how it's spelled. Sentence. Sentences. Crap. I've thought about it too much & now it doesn't look right. Enough of this torture.

Two weekly staff meetings: Monday & Friday mornings.

Monday meeting:
1. Membership
a. current membership - by type & overall total
b. previous week's total; did we increase or decrease?
c. how far are we from our next membership goal? how long do we have left?

2. Events
a. upcoming - status; rsvp totals; receivable totals; upcoming due dates; waitlists
b. week's events (if applicable) - preparedness; assignments; outstanding issues

3. Week's individual projects
a. ongoing/long-term projects - status; anticipated completion; problems?
b. new projects (if applicable)


Friday meeting:
1. Membership
a. current membership - by type & overall total
b. how far are we from our next membership goal? how long do we have left?
c. any member incidents - good or bad - of interest from the week?

2. Events
a. upcoming - status of & change from Monday in: rsvp totals, receivables, waitlists
b. next week's events (if applicable) - preparedness; total(s); general overview
c. current week's events (if applicable) - post-event report*; receivables; problems/praises

3. Week's individual projects
a. short-term - status/post-project reports; problems or roadblocks?
b. long-term - status reports; anticipated completion; problems or roadblocks?


*Post-event reports - total attendance; total payments made at door (including separate cash & check totals); any attendee complaints/compliments?; what went wrong? why? how & by whom was it handled?; what worked well? why?; did anything unexpected happen? will it likely happen again? how should it be planned for?

My work day needs to begin at 08.00 from now on.

...and that's that! I am pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment