Tuesday, July 18, 2006

longest...train ride...ever

6/19/2006
Athina, Greece to Thessaloniki, Greece

Part 2

Yowzers what a train ride! We are on our way to Thessaloniki...still. On paper we were to arrive at 23.42. It's now 00.08, & I'm pretty sure we still have a ways to go. Fortunately, when we arrive makes no difference to me! Chris & Rosanne are across from me napping in each others' arms (snicker), & I've been singing U2 out the window into the night one car down. Loudly. It's been great!

Earlier was a different story! This train was hotter than the fucking fabled river of fire at the gates of hell! We all were sprawled out, too hot to move, doing our best impressions of drowned dogs. Seriously, I have never seen sweat accumulate on skin that damn fast! I've given up trying to preserve any semblance of cleanliness on my clothing...it's just a lost cause. (Is he drooling in her hair?)

Hot damn I can smell salt in the air! We must be getting kinda-semi-almost close! The inky windows are not exactly helping to verify this, but I know that damn smell! I find it strange that my ears pop every time a speeding train goes through a long tunnel.

Oh no, I'm not bored or anything...

No comments:

Post a Comment