Tuesday, July 18, 2006

airline thoughts

5/29/2006
Albuquerque
, New Mexico to Chicago, Illinois

I am excited beyond all comprehension. And scared. Excited & scared beyond all comprehension. In less than 24 hours I'll be in the air on my way to London.

I'm scared.

Not that anything terrible will happen to me, or that this trip won't be as memorable as I long for it to be, but that I know, almost more than I've ever known anything, that it will change me. I can feel it affecting me already. Or perhaps, more than that, I'm scared I'll return with hundreds of wonderful pictures, even more wonderful stories...& nothing else.

Forget it, that's bullshit.

Nothing ever changes me or anyone. We grow & develop as a result of our experiences, our stories. To change those parts of me that are holding me back & keeping me from acting on what I want, all I need are more stories. Tomorrow at 14.00, I am gonna start working on one hell of a new one. It will take place in London England, Chelyabinsk Russia, & everywhere in between & include exotic train trips, multiple border crossings, 3 sea crossings, chases, escapes, friendship, vodka, weed, sex, sports, belly dancing...& me & Chris. Keep reading, I will tell it as it happens.

I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment